Begins January 9th 2021
At JivaPatha School of Conscious Yoga we strive to support you through your journey of self discovery by blending the knowledge and wisdom from various paths to create a well balanced root for you to manifest and grow from. We offer a comprehensive Yoga Alliance approved 200hr RY Teacher Training program. The program will be led by Kathy Kowalski E-500 RYT and Linda Murray E-500 RYT. As part of the Teacher Training, we will be welcoming guest teachers to bring their own personal areas of expertise and knowledge to the trainees.
JivaPatha 200/300hr Yoga programs provides a safe, nurturing, and creative environment in which to grow and deepen one’s practice. Thus beginning the journey towards becoming a Yoga Teacher.
Our Program is registered by the nationally recognized Yoga Alliance and upon completion of program, graduation participants will be eligible to register as RYT 200 or 300 with Yoga Alliance International.
- Faith Bevan E-500 RYT
- Justin Martz 200 CYT
- Linda Murray E-500 RYT
*Class Limit: 10 Students
When we begin to develop love and reverence for Yoga in our lives, we may find that we are inspired to share it with others. We can look at life as a school and Yoga as the tool to navigate. We have designed the JivaPatha School of Conscious Yoga with this in mind. We first endeavor to deepen your own knowledge and practice and begin the inquiry with the question ”Why?” Then, we learn the methods of teaching and sharing to inspire others.
We strive to support you through your journey of self-discovery by blending the wisdom of modern yoga as inspired by Sri Krishnamacharya, specifically sharing the method of Vinyasa Krama and the philosophy of the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali. We feel that there is one Yoga and various paths on the journey towards the philosophy, practice and state of Yoga. The paths we share in our school are Raja, Hatha, Jnana, Tantra, Bhakti and Karma. We offer a well-balanced root for you to manifest and grow from.
200 hr Program Overview:
- Gain knowledge about the history, philosophy and various paths of Yoga
- Insight into the Yoga Sutras & Bhagavad Gita
- Establish and deepen a daily asana and meditation practice
- Deepen your understanding of postures and their benefits/contradictions
- Gain understanding into why, when, and how to assist
- Begin to read the body and adapt postures appropriately
- Sequence postures to create a balanced flow
- Anatomy for Yoga Teachers
- Intro to Energetic Anatomy
- Understand the muscular-skeletal components of selected postures
- Cultivate deeper levels of awareness and balance in mind and body
- Learn to establish a daily meditation practice and learn to lead group meditation
- Assist students in experiencing transformation
- Learn safe and effective adjustments
- Intelligent Sequencing for all levels of classes
- Learn about the art of language for teaching
- Learn about the power of music in your classes
- Deepen your knowledge of Sanskrit and Chanting
The curriculum for the 200 hour Training will meet the Yoga Alliance Standards as well:
Techniques Training/Practice, Teaching Methodology, Anatomy and Physiology, Yoga Philosophy/Lifestyle and Ethics for Yoga Teachers, Practicum which includes practice teaching, observing others teach and assisting students while another is teaching. Receive and give feedback and remaining hours of additional home study and practice. In order to apply for the 200 hour level we require having experience with yoga for at least 6 months.
Trainees may miss only two weekends. Additional work will need to be done to fulfill the hours.
Satudays 9-6 pm Sunday 9-6 pm. On the second weekend of each month,
Early bird discount $2300 if paid in full one week prior to training,
or if preregister with $300 three months prior to training
300 Hr Program Overview:
Advance your teaching and your personal practice
JivaPatha School of Conscious Yoga’s 300-hour Advanced Teacher Training builds upon the foundation of your 200-hour program. In this program, you will spend time refining your teaching tools, expanding your skills in teaching group classes, working in one-on-one settings, and learning to develop workshop and semi-private series courses. You will gain a clearer understanding of Yoga philosophy, anatomy, and continue to advance and embody your personal practice.
Upon completion of all requirements, trainees will be eligible to register with Yoga Alliance as an RYT-500.
Our 300-hour Advanced Teacher Training is designed to take you to the next step toward integrating Yoga into your life and progress your professional path as a Yoga teacher. We have created this program to guide you through the nuts and bolts of advanced teaching, to refine your own inner wisdom, and to deepen an understanding of the seat of the teacher.
We embrace creative and physically challenging sequences as well as breath-centric therapeutic practices that focus on allowing room for the individual to explore. Our training will help you navigate how to hold space for all types of practices, imbalances, and students.
JivaPatha School of Conscious Yoga is devoted to sharing the teachings of modern Yoga, as outlined through Sri Krishnamacharya’s teachings. The essence of these teachings recognizes that Yoga is a personal practice, not a one-size-fits-all method. With our focus on safety and accessibility (trauma-informed methodology), we feel there is an intelligent way to enter into ourselves.
We do not believe in forcing the mind or the body to “shut down.” Instead, we invite ourselves to “soften in.” What you will get out of this training? We believe the first step to advanced practice and teaching is to get intimately connected with yourself through the transformative power of Yoga. Advanced teaching requires more nuanced experiences within your personal practice.
From there, you will refine your knowledge, proficiency, and teaching skills, which will empower you to embody the seat of the teacher and enhance your group teaching and work with private clients.
The 300-hour program is built around these core concepts and learning objectives:
- Personal transformation
- Introduction to the therapeutic use of Yoga
- Art of teaching privates and working with individuals
- Refining teaching methodologies for group teaching
- The attributes of the Gunas (Ayurvedic Framework)
- The Pancha Maya framework for working with your students as a whole person
- An overview of Samkhya, Raja, and Tantra philosophies and Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras
- An overview of all the systems of the body with a focus on the nervous system and endocrine system
- The art of transitions
- The difference between complex and advanced asanas and how to keep the frame in eight limbs of Yoga
- Intelligent sequencing format
- Languaging and advanced cueing
- How to incorporate Yogic concepts and philosophy into asana classes
- How to confidently customize yoga practices to the individual
- Pranayama techniques
- Concentration practices
- The art of offering space for subtle practices
- The tool of Samyama
The concept of Samadhi
We are honored to guide you into a deeper understanding. We welcome all serious and curious practitioners and teachers from all lineages to embark on this year-long, in-depth journey of self-discovery and learning.
You will obtain three certifications throughout our program:
25-hour Restorative Yoga Certification
25-hour Aerial Yoga Certification
25-hour Chair Yoga Certification
25-hour Yin Yoga Certification
25-hour Pranayama Certification
25-hour Ashtanga Certification
These areas of focus will provide you with powerful tools that will increase your teaching opportunities.
300HR: $3500.00 Early bird discount $3300 if paid in full one week prior to training,
or if preregister with $300 three months prior to training
Monthly Payment Plans Available
$150.00 of the deposit is non-refundable
If you decide not to participate and inform JivaPatha SCY in writing 6 weeks prior to the first session, you will receive a refund on tuition paid minus $150.00 of the deposit and a 20% process fee. Otherwise NO CREDIT can be given.
* If JivaPatha cancels, you will be refunded in full. No refunds or credit will be issued for classes postponed for inclement weather. Every effort will be made to reschedule such classes
In order to insure the quality of the program is sustained, we only accept 10 students into this program. We fill out and have had waiting lists for the past several years, please sign up early. Please fill out the Application to apply to the JivaPatha SCY Teacher Training. Email, drop off or post your completed application. Teacher Trainees will receive special discounted rates for required workshops at the studio during your training, yoga classes and retail.
- The Language of Yoga: Complete A to Y Guide to Asana Names, Sanskrit Terms, and Chants by Nicolai Bachman (includes accompanying CD for spoken translation)
- The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali: Commentary on the Raja Yoga Sutras by Sri S. Satchidananda
- Mudras: Yoga in Your Hands by Gertrud Hirschi
- Yogabody: Anatomy, Kinesiology, and Asana by Judith Lasater
- The Bhagavad Gita (Classics of Indian Spirituality) by Eknath Easwaran
- Functional Anatomy of Yoga by David Keil
- Light on Yoga by B.K.S. Iyengar
- All books by AG Mohan and Ganesh Mohan
- The Heart of Yoga: Developing a Personal Practice by T. K. V. Desikachar
- Teaching Yoga by Mark Stephens
- The Yoga Tradition: Its History, Literature, Philosophy and Practice by George Feuerstein
- All Books by Gary Kraftsow
- Hatha Yoga Pradipika
- Moving Into Stillness: Erich Schiffman
- Dynamic Yoga by Godfrey Devereux
- Genius of Stretching by Bob Cooley
- The Yogi Entrepreneur by Darren Main
- The Tree of Yoga by Iyengar
- Yoga of Eating by Charles Eisenstein